The Ettinger Law Firm Way (Part One)
Every law firm has a unique culture. Ours is captured in 30 fundamentals we call The Ettinger Law Firm Way. All 30 of these may be found on our website, trustlaw.com, under "Resources".
- Do What's Best For The Client. In all situations, do what's best for the client, even if it's to our own short-term detriment. Put their needs ahead of our own. There's no greater way to build a reputation than to steadfastly do what's right for others.
- Share Information. With appropriate respect for confidentiality, share information freely throughout our organization. The more people know, the better we can collaborate. Learn to ask yourself, "Who else needs to know this?"
- Focus on Solutions. It's easy to point out problems. It's better to identify solutions; but it makes a true difference when you step up and become a part of the solution.
- Find A Way. Take personal responsibility for making things happen. Respond to every situation by looking for how we can do it, rather than explaining why it can't be done. Be resourceful and show initiative. Don't make excuses or wait for others to solve the problem. See issues through to their completion.
- Be Positive. You have the power to choose your attitude. Choose to be joyful, optimistic, and enthusiastic. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Your attitude is contagious. Spread optimism and positive energy.
- Collaborate. Work together. Be open to new ideas and different approaches. Collaboration generates better ideas and solutions than does working alone. Be inclusive.
- Look Ahead and Anticipate. Solve problems before they happen by anticipating future issues, planning for contingencies, and addressing them in advance. Work with appropriate lead times. Preventing issues is always better than fixing them.
- "Bring It" Every Day. Have a passion for what we do and be fully engaged. Make the most of each day by approaching every task with energy, focus, purpose, and enthusiasm. Work with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Work Smart. Be organized and plan your work for maximum efficiency. Have all the tools and resources necessary before starting your work. Be thoughtful about your schedule, and have a game plan for your calls, your tasks, and your workday.